Why An Air Conditioning Tune-Up Is A Good Idea
If you’ve ever wondered whether an ac tune-up is really necessary, ask yourself these questions:
• Would you like to save money on energy costs?
• Are you looking for a way to help your expensive air conditioning equipment last longer?
• Are you interested in improving your ac system’s performance and efficiency?
• Have you ever wished that you could help prevent costly and inconvenient air conditioning breakdowns?
• Do you want to protect your family with better air conditioning safety?
• Is comfort important in your home?
If you are like most homeowners, the answer to all these questions is a resounding yes. Fortunately, regular hvac tune-ups can bring you all these benefits, and more. According to www.energystar.gov, a yearly tune-up of your heating and cooling system can improve efficiency and comfort and pre-season check-ups can prevent future problems and unwanted costs.
While there are certainly some steps that you can and should take to maintain your air conditioning system, such as regularly changing or cleaning the filters, it’s best to leave the tune-up process to a qualified hvac professional. A trained air conditioning specialist can troubleshoot for potential problems while performing the necessary checks and maintenance activities. A professional contractor will also be familiar with your particular brand and model, and may be able to offer specific suggestions for optimum operational efficiency.
During a complete air conditioning tune-up, you should expect the specialist to:
• Inspect coolant levels and pressure
• Calibrate thermostat(s) and check proper cycle and temperature
• Inspect and tighten wiring, contacts, capacitors and relay
• Ensure the evaporator coil is clean
• Ensure the condensate drain is clear
• Inspect and clean the condenser
• Inspect the outdoor disconnect
• Inspect the condenser fan motor and blades; lubricate if needed
• Check compressor amps at startup
• Perform additional safety and efficiency checks, as needed
Your local ARS®/Rescue Rooter® heating and air conditioning specialist will handle these important tasks during each ac tune-up and will be happy to share maintenance tips and answer any questions you have about your equipment. Your ARS®/Rescue Rooter® professional will also present a completed Tune-Up Checklist and will share any concerns about or recommendations for your air conditioning system’s peak performance.
Even better, protect your air conditioning investment and your budget with a convenient and economical ARS®/Rescue Rooter® Home Service Plan. With a Home Service Plan, you’ll receive two seasonal tune-ups of your system as part of the package, plus preferred pricing, priority emergency service, and many other benefits. You’ll enjoy peace of mind knowing that an ARS®/Rescue Rooter® specialist has performed routine maintenance on your system twice a year and has taken preventive measures to check for possible problems.
Do everything you can to protect your system today! Contact your local ARS®/Rescue Rooter® contractor to schedule a Seasonal Tune-Up or to take advantage of a satisfaction guaranteed ARS®/Rescue Rooter® Home Service Plan.