Conserve Water, Save Energy and Save Money with These Plumbing Tips.
In today’s world, it’s vital to reduce our use of water and energy. In addition to conserving water, these simple tips, can also help you reduce your energy use, save money on your water & energy bills, and lower your impact on the environment.
- Switch to aerator faucets and low-flow showerheads, which can save hundreds of gallons of water each week.
- Run your dishwasher with full loads to conserve water—and run it in the evening to save energy too.
- Repair dripping faucets and toilet leaks—a faucet can drip at a rate of one drop per second, wasting almost 2,800 gallons of water a year. A leaky toilet can waste 73,050 gallons of water a year.
- Install a tankless water heater— you’ll reduce heating costs and water waste because you won’t have to let the water run while it heats up.
- Wash only full loads of laundry or use the appropriate load size selection on the washing machine to help with conserving water.
Contact your local ARS® / Rescue Rooter® home plumbing specialist today for additional plumbing tips and how to conserve water and energy, while saving you money.