Selecting The Right Plumbing Contractor
Whether you need plumbing installation or plumbing repairs, finding a reliable plumbing contractor doesn’t have to be draining. If you know the right qualities to consider, you’ll have a better chance of finding someone who can competently handle your plumbing services. Remember, it’s easier in the long run to find a plumbing contractor before you actually need one. If an emergency plumbing situation should arise, you won’t waste time fumbling through the phone book or be forced to make a big decision under stressful circumstances.
Before you pick up the phone to interview prospective specialists, take time to learn some basics about your plumbing systems. No one expects you to become an expert, but knowing simple things like your hot water heater’s capacity or the brand of faucets and toilets can help you better inform and prepare the plumbing contractor before they get on site.
Here are some tips to consider when thinking about who to hire:
• Make sure that contractors are properly licensed, certified, and insured per your local requirements.
• Ask if they provide a written estimate for you to sign before any work is done. Be sure that estimates include all necessary plumbing parts and labor.
• Find out how long the company has been in business, and check out their reputation. They should be able to provide recent references.
• Determine whether the company is locally owned or has the backing and resources of a nationally known and respected brand name.
• Although price should not be the only consideration when choosing a plumbing specialist, it is important to know how they charge for their services.
• Check to see if the company has regular office hours, how quickly they respond to service requests, and whether you have the ability to request or schedule appointments online.
• See if the specialist will share maintenance tips and suggestions for efficient operation of your plumbing systems.
• It’s important to know if the company performs national background checks on the workers they send to your home, and whether they require drug tests for their employees.
• Ask if the contractor is knowledgeable about energy efficient plumbing and green plumbing solutions.
• Another good question to ask is if whether the workers will respect your property, including cleaning up after themselves, if necessary.
• See if the work is guaranteed.
ARS®/Rescue Rooter® will be happy to answer any questions you have about plumbing services and plumbing installation. Your local ARS®/Rescue Rooter® plumbing specialist will deliver the highest quality plumbing repair and service, whether it’s installing a new high-efficiency water heater or fixing a leaky faucet. You’ll get prompt service, estimates before the work is started, expert diagnosis and professional attention.
You’ll also get the ARS®/Rescue Rooter® Exceptional Service Guarantee. If you are dissatisfied with the work, ARS®/Rescue Rooter® will make every effort to meet your expectations. Contact your local ARS®/Rescue Rooter® plumbing specialist for more information about how choosing the right plumbing specialist can make a difference for you.