Air Conditioning Tune-Ups
We are sometimes asked if AC tune-ups are really necessary. The simple answer is this: "Yes, they are!" Your cooling system is a major investment for your home and your comfort. With our extensive experience repairing, installing and maintaining all major makes and models of air conditioning units and systems, we know what it takes to keep your AC running strong: regular inspections and preventative maintenance performed each season.
What's included in an AC tune-up?
You don't have to wait for your air conditioning to go on the fritz before you call in your local expert; in fact, it's better if you arrange a tune-up before wear and tear takes too much of a toll. An ARS/Rescue Rooter® AC tune-up includes all these services:
- Inspect coolant levels and pressure to ensure your system runs at peak efficiency
- Calibrate thermostat(s) and check proper cycle and temperature to improve comfort and control
- Inspect and tighten wiring, contacts, capacitors and relays to avoid expensive repairs
- Ensure the evaporator coil is clean
- Ensure the condensate drain is clear
- Inspect and clean the condenser
- Inspect the outdoor disconnect switch
- Inspect the condenser fan motor and blades; lubricate if needed
- Check compressor amps at startup
- Carry out additional safety and efficiency checks
Upon completion, your service technician will present your AC Tune-Up Checklist and share any recommendations and potential concerns about your air conditioning system.
Keep your cool with regular tune-ups
Schedule an appointment today to learn just how affordable it is to properly maintain your AC system with ARS/Rescue Rooter. Whether it's a thorough tune-up or the ongoing protection of a Home Service Plan, we can help you get more from your HVAC investment year after year.