INFOGRAPHIC: 8 Tips to Make Sure You Are Hurricane Ready
Hurricane season is quickly approaching. We have some tips that are sure to keep you and your family safe and prepared during this time of year.
- Water is essential for life. Be sure and keep enough bottles of water to last you and your family for a few days.
- Food is important as well. Store several days’ worth of non-perishable foods like tuna and canned fruit and vegetables.
- Gasoline- Be sure and fill your car up with enough gas to last a few days. It is also a good idea to keep enough on hand to fill your generator as needed.
- Keep a cooler on hand to store your food and any medications that may need to keep cool.
- With an impending storm; it is a good idea to make sure all your prescriptions have been filled. It is possible that pharmacies could be out of stock for a while.
- Power will most likely be out so it is a good idea to keep plenty of flashlights, batteries, and a weather radio handy.
- Paper plates, napkins, paper towels, and plastic utensils are good disposable items to keep handy when preparing for a storm.
- If you have kids, it is a good idea to keep comfort items with you as well. Books, board games, and anything that can keep them and you calm and busy are good to have with you.
In times of emergency, it is always a good idea to be prepared. ARS/Rescue Rooter is here to help you in those times. Give us a call at 1-800-277-9400 to schedule a consultation or visit ARS.com.