Hot and Cold Spots
How to even out your heating and cooling.
Pilot Lights | Hot and Cold Spots | Mold on Vents | Air Ducts | Air Duct Maintenance | Severe Cold
Have you ever experienced a mysterious area in your home where the temperature seems substantially cooler or hotter than the rest of your house? It’s not an uncommon phenomenon, and some people will say there is a very simple answer as to why: Your house is haunted. Yep, those hot and cold spots are sure signs of ghosts.
However, if you aren’t quite ready to buy into paranormal remedies, you might try a complete home comfort inspection from ARS®/Rescue Rooter.®
There are several factors that could be in play with hot and cold spots:
In an attempt to combat the problem, many new homes are actually being built with zoned temperature controls. Using multiple thermostats and damper controls, each room and area in a home can be heated or cooled individually. Retrofitting an older home with such a system may help eliminate spotty comfort, but without assessing all factors it’s practically impossible to create a sure-fire solution.
- Is your HVAC unit properly sized for the space being heated/cooled?
- How many vents do you have and where they are placed?
- What is the actual configuration of the ductwork in your home?
- Are your insulation levels adequate?
- Your inspection may find that placement of doors and windows and even the physical position of your home and surrounding trees can affect your situation.
Your local ARS®/Rescue Rooter® comfort specialist is prepared to consider all options and make a recommendation that makes the most sense for your situation. Contact us today to find out more.