Carbon Monoxide: poisoning and Detection
Protect Your Family From Carbon Monoxide Poisoning.
You may not realize it, but your home is practically a carbon monoxide (CO) factory. Fireplaces, heaters, hot water heaters, gas stoves and ovens, grills, and even the car in your garage can all create carbon monoxide where you live. And if you generate enough you've got a real health hazard on your hands.
Carbon monoxide is created when fossil fuels (gas, coal, wood, oil, etc.) are burned. While nearly all appliances and systems in your home are designed to produce a minimal amount of this poisonous gas, if these systems malfunction the result can be deadly. And it's especially dangerous because you can't see, smell or taste carbon monoxide.
You can protect your family from carbon monoxide poisoning by having carbon monoxide detectors installed in various parts of your home. A carbon monoxide detector senses when an unsafe level of the gas is in the air, and sounds an alarm. Carbon monoxide detectors should be set up and maintained like smoke alarms. Multiple units should be placed throughout your home, hard wired into your home's electrical wiring, and tested monthly.
Don't ignore the dangers of carbon monoxide poisoning. Your local ARS®/Rescue Rooter® professional can devise the carbon monoxide detection system for your home.
Contact your local ARS®/Rescue Rooter® air quality specialist today to learn more about carbon monoxide detectors and protect your home and family.