Heat Pump HVAC Systems
A reversible heat pump can be the ideal HVAC system for warm-climate homes. It's effectively an air conditioner unit that can switch to become a heating unit. That means the same hardware providing warmth in the winter and cooling in the summer—and a single investment in your year-round comfort.
How does a heat pump work?
- When air conditioners process refrigerants such as Freon™, they create a tremendous amount of heat. The heat pump simply reverses part of the process to extract and distribute that heat throughout the home.
- Heat pumps are generally very energy-efficient for central heating in climates where the temperature is somewhat mild. In fact, they're 3-4 times more effective than space heaters using the same amount of electricity.
- If the outside temperature falls below 37°F, heat pumps need to run constantly to maintain warmth.
Is this the right HVAC system for me?
Your local ARS®/Rescue Rooter® HVAC specialist can help you make the right decisions for your home heating solution. For instance, we may recommend a dual-fuel system, which uses an electric heat pump during milder temperatures (above freezing) along with a gas furnace during colder weather. This solution has become a popular solution for maximum comfort.
Everything We Can Do for Your Heat Pump
Our heat pump services go well beyond recommendations and installations. We can provide a wide range of capabilities for your pump heating system’s entire lifecycle. No matter what you need, our technicians can provide quality service and extensive expertise.
Here’s a quick overview of some of the many tasks we can handle when it comes to your system:
- Heat pump installation: Whether your system is an air-source unit or uses geothermal energy, installing a heat pump can be a complicated process that requires in-depth know-how. Our personnel are fully trained and experienced when it comes to installation, so you can rest easy knowing you’re in good hands.
- Heat pump maintenance: Keeping your HVAC system running at optimal levels means performing routine maintenance jobs. Regular maintenance ensures that your system can continue to provide the performance you expect. With our skill and knowledge, we can perform regular heat pump tune-ups that can extend the lifespan of your unit and keep your home more comfortable.
- Heat pump repair: If your heating or cooling goes out for any reason, it is imperative to get it working again. With our experienced professionals on the job, you can go back to living in comfort as soon as possible.
Want to know more? Contact us today to schedule a no-cost analysis of the benefits and savings of replacing your system. We'll be happy to answer any questions you have and let you know more about our HVAC repair, maintenance and installation services—all of which are backed by our Exceptional Service Guarantee.