AC Repair Service Near You
When you need an air conditioner repair company, find the ARS/Rescue Rooter service technician nearest to you or try scheduling service today! Our service technicians are standing by in your area ready to repair your AC immediately.
What to Expect from Our Residential Air Conditioning Repair Technicians
- Our Exceptional Service Guarantee means you’ll be 100% satisfied with the work we do, or we’ll working until you’re satisfied with our service
- Emergency AC repair services available
- No hidden fees and honest cost estimates before work begins
- All AC technicians have gone through background checks and drug testing
- Flexible financing options available
If your air conditioning is blowing warm air—or not working at all—it's time to call in the experts at ARS/Rescue Rooter for HVAC repair. After all, we're not just talking about an uncomfortable afternoon on a hot day: we're talking about your happiness at home, and a problem that may cause extensive damage to your system if not addressed quickly. That's why it's smart to catch problems early before they become expensive to address.
That's where choosing ARS/Rescue Rooter as your local AC repair company can help. We have the expertise and experience to determine the extent of repairs needed—and we're available 7 days a week. From central air systems to ductless mini-splits, our technicians have the skills and experience to service any brand, make, and model of the cooling system.
Types of AC Repair and Service We Handle
Your comfort is our top priority, so we'll respond quickly when your AC starts acting up. But don't let our speed fool you: we provide quality AC repairs that get the job done right the first time, and every repair is backed by our Exceptional Service Guarantee. Our expertise covers every aspect of aircon repair, including:
- AC compressors
- AC condensers
- Evaporator coils
- Air handlers
- Swamp/evaporative coolers
- Ductless mini-split systems
- Zoned systems
- New thermostat installation
- High SEER, high-efficiency options
- Air conditioning filters
- Air conditioning tune-ups (highly recommended!)
- HVAC repair
- HVAC services
Before calling to schedule your appointment with our AC unit repair company, it may be helpful to familiarize yourself with the air conditioning equipment that you have. Make sure you know at least the brand name, the model, and the approximate age of the system, as well as any warranties that may be in effect.
7 Most Common Signs Your Air Conditioner Stopped Working
- Your AC won’t turn on
- Your cooling system is blowing warm or hot air
- Your AC short cycles or runs all of the time
- Strange smells or sounds are coming from your cooling system
- Your air conditioner is leaking
- You have cold and hot spots around your home
- Your energy bills are increasing month after month (without a reasonable explanation)
If your AC starts doing any of these things, don’t hesitate to contact ARS/Rescue Rooter for complete home air conditioning repair service.
What Troubleshooting Steps Can I Take Before Calling for Central AC Repair Service?
We'd all rather avoid having someone come out to our homes if we can fix it ourselves. There are some DIY tips on your air conditioner you can try before picking up the phone and calling us:
- Replace your air filters. It may be dirty of clogged causing your AC system to strain.
- Check thermostat settings and make sure your fan is set to AUTO or ON and the COOL setting is running.
- Check the electrical panel and that your circuit breaker sending power to your unit isn’t flipped off.
- Survey the outside area surrounding your AC system. Look at the condenser for damages, debris and dirt that shouldn't be there.
- Open all indoor air vents are ensure none are blocked or obstructed.
If none of these troubleshooting tips provide an easy DIY fix, give ARS/Rescue Rooter a call right away! Our team of technicians are standing by across the country – even on the weekends and over holidays.
How Much Does Air Conditioning or HVAC Repair Cost?
The cost of air conditioner repairs is determined by a variety of factors, including:
- The type of repair needed
- The condition your AC system is in
- The level of difficulty of the repair
- The necessary parts needed and labor involved to perform the repair
- Whether there is an existing warranty or not
We provide a thorough and transparent pricing estimate following an inspection and analysis. You may count on us to never add hidden costs at any point in the process.
A tight budget should not prevent you from obtaining the AC repair services you require. We can offer flexible financing that work for you if you pay using one of our financing options. Don't sit in the heat any longer! Call ARS/Rescue Rooter now!
Can You Provide Any Tips for Maintaining My Air Conditioning System Between Appointments?
Keeping your system in good condition between service appointments means cleaning or replacing your filters on a regular basis. You also should ensure your outdoor unit is free from debris and that the vents and registers are not obstructed by anything. Cleaning your condenser coils is another important step.
How Can I Prevent AC Problems in the Future?
The most important step you can take is to call us for professional maintenance in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommended schedule. Another good idea is to make sure you invest in high-quality equipment and parts, as the cheaper you go the more likely you’ll run into issues later.
How Long Do Air Conditioning Repairs Normally Take?
Depending on how complex the issue is and the availability of parts, your repair work could take anywhere from a few hours to a full day or more. When you work with us, we’ll do our best to give you the most accurate estimate for how long you’ll be without your air conditioning.
How Long Should My AC System Typically Last?
There are a number of factors that determine the lifespan of your equipment. These include how much you use it, the quality of the unit, and whether or not you follow the recommended maintenance plan. In general, you should expect to get between 10 and 15 years of life out of your system as long as it’s properly maintained.
Is Fixing My Air Conditioning System Worth the Trouble?
If the estimated cost of repairs is reasonable and your system is only a few years old, you shouldn’t hesitate to have it fixed. Our professionals can help you determine whether it would be better to repair or replace your AC.
What Are Some of the Most Popular Brands of AC Systems?
Some of the most popular brands for air conditioning systems on the market today include Carrier, Rheem, Trane, and Lennox. We always recommend doing your research and comparing brands before selecting the system that is right for you. Our experienced technicians can help steer you in the right direction if you need guidance.
What Is the Most Common Type of Air Conditioner Repair?
Most often, issues with air conditioners come down to the compressor, which is what circulates refrigerant throughout the system. Other common repairs include fixing the thermostat, blower motor, or the electrical components.
Could Faulty Wiring Be the Cause of my AC Problems?
Electrical issues are a common cause of problems with air conditioning systems, and faulty wiring can create a serious safety hazard in your home. It is important to have qualified professionals examine your system closely to diagnose your problem as accurately as possible.
How Can I Prevent Central Air Conditioning Unit Failure?
As the heat index climbs, your air conditioner or HVAC unit has to work harder to keep your home at a comfortable temperature. So take care to properly maintain and protect your AC equipment to avoid a breakdown in the extreme heat. Use these simple tips to keep your AC running smoothly all summer long.
- Minimize heat gain. Close the drapes, turn off heat-generating appliances, and switch off incandescent lights.
- Turn up the thermostat. Ease the load on your air conditioner by setting your thermostat to the highest temperature you’re comfortable with and supplementing your AC with fans and other means of staying cool.
- Don’t switch off (or crank up) your air conditioner. Turning down your AC at night and while you're away from home can save you money on your energy bill. However, turning it completely off, then expecting it to play catch up can be rough on your equipment. By the same token, don't set your thermostat below your target temperature to make it cool faster. Most air conditioners only have one speed, so overshooting will only overwork your system.
- Clear the area around your air conditioner. Dispose of any debris you find around your outdoor unit to ensure adequate airflow. Also, trim any bushes or shrubs that are in the way.
- Take care of your AC. Keeping your air conditioner well maintained will help it perform at its best. Choose the right HVAC filter for your home and change or clean it regularly. Schedule regular AC tune-ups, and make any necessary repairs promptly.
These simple tips are the easiest way to increase your system’s efficiency while reducing the chances of a costly breakdown this summer. Call ARS®/Rescue Rooter® at 1-800-277-9400 today to schedule your air conditioner tune-up with one of our Comfort Advisors.