Heating and Furnace Services
From emergency heating system repairs—including radiators and boilers—to new furnace installation, you know that your comfort is in good hands with your local ARS®/Rescue Rooter® heating and furnace specialist. As a leading HVAC service provider, we're here to provide the fast, professional heating service you need—and it's all backed by our worry-free Exceptional Service Guarantee.
Troubleshooting Common Heating System Problems
When it comes to malfunctioning heating systems, you may be able to pinpoint what the problem is yourself before contacting us for assistance. Here are some tips on troubleshooting the most common heating system problems:
- Cold air instead of hot air is flowing through the ductwork: The solution might be as simple as cleaning the ducts. Or, you might need to replace the heater’s filter (do this regularly, such as once each month, according to the manufacturer’s instructions).
- Heating bills are much higher than expected: Check your thermostat to see if you might have set it much higher than it needs to be. However, the issue might be a failing motor or fan.
- Some parts of your home never get warm enough: Lack of consistent heating can be a sign of a clogged duct or filter. A component may be worn out and no longer working at peak efficiency.
- The furnace never seems to stop running: If you inadvertently set the thermostat to be “on” all the time instead of operating only when needed, automatically, your heating system will never turn off properly. Or, the thermostat itself could be broken. If the fan won’t turn off, you’ll need a technician to diagnose and possibly fix or replace it.
- You smell a burning odor: An unpleasant scent could stem from a seriously dirty air filter. Homeowners often experience a brief burning odor when they turn the system on for the first time each winter. This is normal, because the heater is burning off some dust that built up during non-use over the summer. However, a persistent burning odor indicates a problem with the equipment.
What Are The Benefits of Hiring a Professional Heating Service?
Homeowners would be right to wonder what the benefits are of hiring professionals to take care of their furnace, instead of trying to take care of the work themselves.
The chief benefits of hiring heating experts for furnace services include:
- Lower your monthly utility bills because a technician will keep your system operating efficiently year-round.
- A licensed, certified heating professional knows all the ins and outs of your system and has years of experience in determining what the problem is and how to fix it.
- Avoid the risk of carbon monoxide poisoning. A heater that goes without inspections and regular maintenance is more prone to failing, which can cause this deadly gas to leak into your home.
- Reduce the chance of breakdowns, giving you a lower total cost of ownership. Regular maintenance and inspections of your heating system is crucial for avoiding expensive repairs. It’s better to catch a problem when it’s still small and relatively easy to sort.
- You can rest assured that your family will stay cozy and comfortable during the bitter winter months, thanks to a professional who looks after your furnace.
Heating and Furnace Experts Are Standing By to Help You
There’s no need to be left in the cold when help from heating contractors is just a quick phone call away. At ARS/Rescue Rooter, we know you are busy, so we will strive to set up an appointment that best fits your schedule.
As one of the country’s leading heating companies, we provide a full range of services for all things having to do with heating and furnaces, including:
Your central heater is a complex system designed to work efficiently for many years. But breakdowns happen eventually. When they do, it's time to call in the experts for a prompt repair.LEARN MORE »
Ready for a new high-efficiency heating system? Ask your local ARS/Rescue Rooter specialist for an accurate up-front estimate on the latest technology before any installation work begins. Call 866-399-2885 today to set up a free in-home consultation.LEARN MORE »