- Plumbing Repair
- Plumbing Installation
- Drain Services and Repair
- Plumbing Preventive Maintenance
- Sewer and Water Line Repair
Tankless Water Heater Maintenance
There are plenty of benefits to having a tankless water heater. Not only do they take up less space, but they also tend to last a lot longer, saving you money and energy in the long run. That being said, regular tankless water heater maintenance is still important to keep it running smoothly for as long as possible. The qualified plumbers at ARS/Rescue Rooter are happy to give your tankless water heater a tuneup—just give us a call and we’ll make sure your water heater is working properly.
How does a tankless water heater work?
Whether you have a gas or an electric tankless water heater, it’s capable of supplying your home with an almost endless supply of hot water on demand. Without a tank, the water is instantly heated as it passes through the device. That means there is less energy spent on maintaining a high temperature for water that isn’t being used.
Just like any other appliance, there are a few components that keep your tankless water heater going. Regular maintenance will make sure these parts are in good condition:
- Heat exchanger: Made of copper tube or stainless steel, a small quantity of water is stored inside, transferring the heat to the water that is flowing through.
- Safety features: Includes sensors to detect temperature and water flow, fan speed monitoring and a valve for pressure relief.
- Combustion elements: In gas units only; includes a combustion chamber, gas valves, and combustion fan.
- Venting: Gas water heaters vent air out using a direct vent, power vent, or atmospheric vent.
To keep your tankless water heater running well, it’s important to do two types of regular maintenance: checking the in-line screen filter for debris and flushing the unit to keep it free of scale and lime, particularly in homes with hard water and without a whole home water softener system. ARS/Rescue Rooter can help—just give us a call at 866-399-2885 to find out more.