Heat Pump Maintenance Service
Your family depends on the home’s heat pump to remain comfortable throughout the year. With a heat pump keeping your domicile fresh and cool in summertime and warm during winter, it’s a piece of equipment that many individuals never give a second thought to until it stops working properly.
Homeowners should know that maintenance may help extend the life of their heat pump system. Arranging for regular maintenance by ARS®/Rescue Rooter® will keep your system running as efficiently as possible.
A well-maintained heat pump doesn’t have to work as hard as a dirty heat pump. This translates to lower utility bills.
When you arrange for technicians to inspect and maintain the system regularly, it helps them identify any potential problems while they’re easier to address.
About ARS/Rescue Rooter’s Heat Pump Maintenance Services
At ARS/Rescue Rooter, our heat pump maintenance professionals are among the industry’s most knowledgeable and experienced HVAC technicians. ARS/Rescue Rooter technicians pay attention to the smallest details. That includes protecting your home by using drop cloths and always wearing shoe covers to avoid tracking dirt and debris.
Our Exceptional Service Guarantee strives to ensure you will be happy with the work we do. It’s as simple as that. If your heat pump requires maintenance, contact us today to arrange for service.
Signs Your Heat Pump Needs a Tune-Up
The technicians at ARS/Rescue Rooter have experience inspecting and maintaining all varieties of heat pumps, including air-to-air, water source, and geothermal.
Here are common signs that your heat pump requires service:
- Heat pump is on, but your home never seems to get warm enough in the winter or cold enough in the summer.
- Lately, power bills have been unusually high. When your heat pump isn’t working as efficiently as when first installed, it has to make more of an effort to keep your family warm during the cold season and cool in the warmer periods.
- If your unit is 15 years old, it may be near the end of its useful life. Newer heat pumps work more efficiently, so if it’s time to replace your unit, now would be a good opportunity to consider an upgrade.
- Technicians know that when a heat pump starts to make strange noises, e.g., groaning or rattling, there could be a problem with a fan or motor.
- Strange smells, such as a burning odor, could be a sign that a component has failed. (If you smell smoke or something burning, shut off your heat pump now and call a professional as soon as possible).
How to Take Care of Your Heat Pump Before Calling Us for Maintenance
In between service calls to maintain your home’s heat pump, there are ways you can help take care of the system. Of course, if you lack the time or are not comfortable taking on any of these tasks yourself, our technicians are available to assist.
- Check the filters. Mark on your calendar a reminder to check heat pump filters once a month. Proper filtration means the air in your home is cleaner, which is especially important for people with allergies or other respiratory issues. A dirty filter forces your heat pump to work much harder than needed.
- Verify your thermostat is working correctly. Homeowners sometimes think something is wrong with the heat pump when their dwelling isn’t at the preferred temperature range.
- Look at the exterior unit for your heat pump periodically. This is especially crucial during winter when there is snow or ice buildup. Get rid of leaves and other debris that have fallen on the heat pump’s exterior equipment.
- Inspect and clean the heat pump’s coils. Dirty coils are a drag on the system and lead to higher power bills while overtaxing the heat pump.
Book an Appointment for Expert Maintenance of Your Home’s Heat Pump
Busy homeowners will be glad to learn that ARS/Rescue Rooter is flexible and will go the extra mile to fit maintenance work with your schedule.
If you can’t remember how long it’s been since a professional came to your home to inspect and maintain your heat pump, now would be an ideal time to book an appointment. Call for service or book your appointment to schedule today!