10 Questions to Ask When Replacing your HVAC System
If your HVAC system is old, inefficient or in need of repair, it might be time to consider replacing it. Before you settle on a new system, which can be a daunting task, use this handy checklist to make sure you are asking your HVAC company the right questions.
1. Will the HVAC company provide a free, no obligation estimate for the system and installation, along with options to choose from? Your contractor should include labor costs, parts prices, warranty specifications and energy efficiency in the estimates he or she provides.
2. Is forced-air heating and cooling my best option? There are some other efficient alternatives to consider, including heat pumps and radiant heat systems.
3. What size system do I need? Simply matching your existing system's specifications may not be your best buy, especially if you've added on to your home.
4. Do I need multiple heating and cooling zones? Your contractor should be able to help you select the right equipment for a zoning system that supports greater comfort and energy savings.
5. Do I need to address humidity, either with a home dehumidifier or humidifier?
8. How efficient will my new HVAC system be? Consider lifetime operating costs, not just price when weighing your options.
9. What filter types are offered? There are disposable and washable varieties, and some, like HEPA filters, can improve indoor air quality and protect your family's health.
10. Does the HVAC company have a service plan to maintain and protect my system?
Replacing your HVAC System is a big investment, but it’s also a great opportunity to improve your home’s comfort, air quality, and energy efficiency. Call ARS®/Rescue Rooter® at 1-800-277-9400 to set up an appointment with one of our Comfort Advisor, and they can walk you through the different options for your new HVAC system!