Handy Dandy Bathroom TipsHandy Dandy Bathroom Tips
Keep your bathroom safe and comfortable environment with these handy dandy tips!
Trip & Slip Risks
Wet tile and porcelain cause thousands of household accidents a year:
1) If your tub or shower doesn't have a slip-resistant floor, you may want to add your own traction.
2) Keep safety in mind when choosing rugs as well; a cloth rug without a slip-resistant backing could be just as hazardous as bare tile.
3) For extra security, install sturdy grip bars to help you get in and out of the tub.
Mold & Mildew
Unless you have hidden plumbing leaks, the bathroom is likely your #1 hot spot for indoor mold and mildew. These uninvited guests can cause issues as mild as a stuffy nose or as severe as a respiratory infection or asthma attack. Keep them out of your bathroom (and your lungs) with these tips:
1) Run your exhaust fan every time you shower, and consider opening the door when you're done. A steamy, enclosed bathroom is a perfect playground for fungal growth.
2) Don't leave wet towels in the floor, tub, sink or hamper. Hang them to dry or remove them to the laundry.
3) Consider using anti-microbial bathmats, shower curtains, window coverings and wall coverings. Wallpaper, for example, can breed mold beneath its surface for years before it becomes noticeable. Fresh paint, on the other hand, can now be formulated to resist mold and mildew growth.
4) Change your HVAC filters according to manufacturer's guidelines, and, if needed, switch to a HEPA filter to further limit mold spread. Your air conditioner may help keep humidity low throughout your house, but if you find that moisture is lingering, you may need to look into a whole-house dehumidifier.
Call ARS®/Rescue Rooter® today at 1-800-277-9400 find out more information on how to make your bathroom more comfortable.