Have you had a Furnace Tune-up Lately?It’s easy to put off your next furnace tune-up while you’re enjoying mild fall weather, but scheduling proper maintenance is your key to preventing unexpected breakdowns this winter. Learn more below about how scheduling regular furnace tune-ups eliminates safety hazards, optimizes performance and maximizes efficiency.
How often does my furnace need a tune-up?
It’s best to schedule furnace tune-ups annually, at the beginning of the fall. While furnace maintenance may be scheduled any time, you’ll want to make sure that your system is working efficiently before the weather gets too cold for comfort.
What will be included with my furnace tune-up?
Tune-ups may vary based on your service provider, but check to make sure your service technician performs at least the following services before scheduling your tune-up:
- Clean blower compartment
- Inspect and tighten wiring and connections
- Clean and adjust burners
- Visually inspect the heat exchanger
- Visually inspect the gas pressure and flame operation
- Inspect for proper operation of igniter or pilot light
- Inspect and vacuum indoor filter
- Check airflow including inspection of ductwork and connections
- Safety and efficiency checks
You can expect the inspection process to take up to an hour, depending on the configuration of your system. Upon completion, your service technician should present a checklist and share any professional recommendations about your system.
Contact your local ARS®/Rescue Rooter® to schedule your furnace tune-up today by calling 1-800-277-9400.