INFOGRAPHIC: National Hug a Plumber Day
April 25th is National Hug a Plumber Day and it’s time to show our plumbers some much deserved appreciation!
5 Ways to Show Your Plumber Appreciation:
- Treat them to a nice meal, whether it’s with breakfast to begin their day, a potluck lunch, or with reservations at a restaurant.
- Remind our plumbers about everything they do for us and for society through thank you cards and handwritten notes:
- Thank you for doing the dirty work so we don’t have to.
- Thank you for being there when we need you day of the year.
- Thank you for providing us access to clean water.
- Create “Plumber Goodie Bags” including items a plumber out in the field could find useful every day:
- Reusable water bottle
- Granola Bars
- Small bottle of sunscreen
- Small portable fan
- Cooling Towel
- Take care of your home’s plumbing system! Follow basic plumbing advice like avoid flushing paper towels down the toilet and use a screen or drain-gate to minimize blockages caused by hair and soap scum. Your plumber will appreciate these precautions and it will make his job and your life easier!
- Schedule a whole-house plumbing inspection once every six months to a year! This will help keep your home up-to-date and your water flowing.