HVAC | May 19, 2015
Has Your AC Been Serviced this Summer?Your air conditioner is the hardest working appliance during the summer months, so don’t forget to schedule preventative maintenance to keep it operating efficiently. If it hasn’t been serviced since last summer (or longer) —you may find yourself in a very uncomfortable situation when the temperature rises. Don’t cut corners. Schedule your annual A/C system check to ensure summer comfort in the extreme heat.
- Improved indoor air quality. Routine maintenance, which includes replacing dirty and overloaded filters, helps minimize airborne dust and debris—providing a healthier indoor environment for your family.
- Reduce energy costs. Regular maintenance prevents the extra energy costs of overworking a unit with malfunctioning parts.
- Prevent costly breakdowns. Having a technician regularly inspect and service your AC system can identify and fix small problems before they become major ones. Regular preventative maintenance will cost you less than waiting for major repairs or even replacement are needed.
- Extend your unit’s lifespan. Keeping your AC unit in working order results in less strain and stress on the entire system, preventing costly air conditioning repairs and part replacements.
- Keep your warranties. Your unit must be properly maintained in order to preserve most AC manufacturers’ warranties.
- Increase AC efficiency. Routine maintenance will help retain the SEER (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio) of your unit longer