What’s a furnace tune-up?Regular tune-ups protect your car from wear and tear and keep it running its best. The same can be said of your furnace. But what does a furnace tune-up entail?
A complete ARS®/Rescue Rooter® heating system tune-up includes:
- Blower compartment cleaning. Your HVAC system continually draws in airborne dirt and dust. A dirty blower wheel works less efficiently and can contribute to higher energy costs.
- Wiring inspection and adjustment. Tightening wires and checking connections may help prevent malfunctions and the need for costly repairs.
- Burner adjustment. Cleaning and adjusting the furnace’s burners will maximize furnace efficiency.
- Inspection of the heat exchanger, gas pressure and flame operation.
- Indoor filter cleaning or replacement. The cleanliness of your air filter affects both the energy efficiency of your furnace and your indoor air quality. Regular cleaning or replacement is essential to keep your furnace running smoothly.
- Igniter or pilot light inspection to ensure their proper functioning.
- Checking duct connections and air flow. We ensure peak performance by making sure the air is flowing properly through your system and throughout the house.
- Additional safety and efficiency checks. The more efficient your furnace, the less energy you'll waste and the more money you’ll save on utility bills!
- Advice from a pro. Our comfort advisors will be glad to answer any questions you may have regarding your system—from its overall health to ways it can be improved. If you’re considering adding a humidifier or dehumidifier, air cleaning equipment, carbon monoxide detectors or total HVAC system upgrade, our experience is at your service.
A well maintained furnace can last 15 to 20 years, so it’s worth the time to protect your investment. Contact ARS®/Rescue Rooter® at 1-800-277-9400 to learn more about our HVAC maintenance and repair services or to schedule an appointment. Ask about our duct cleaning, too!