The Advantages of Pressure Reducing ValvesEveryone appreciates good water pressure in the home. But high water pressure is actually a major cause of leaks, pipe damage, and wasted water. So consider investing in a PRV, or a Pressure-Reducing Valve, to control the flow and pressure of water entering your home. If your home doesn’t already have a PRV, learn the benefits of installing one below!
- Ensures reliable and stable pressure for household water systems
- Prevents “screaming” noise caused by high flow velocities
- Reduces risk of water leaks
- Stops loud, banging water hammer caused by built-up water pressure from closing taps
- Automatically conserves water when used in high pressure areas
- Reduces the energy required to heat water for showers, dishwashers, washing machines, etc.
- Limits water waste by lowering flow rates
- Protects water-using appliances and fixtures by reducing the amount of water pressure on them
- Saves money on water costs