Five Ways Homeowners Can Save Money at Tax Season
It’s tax time again, and hopefully you’re one of the lucky ones getting a refund. In the meantime, since many of us are hyper-focused on saving money, we thought we’d share a few money-saving tips you can use for your heating-ventilation-air conditioning (HVAC) and plumbing systems.
- Money-Saving Tip #1: Never skimp on preventive home maintenance. Tax season is inevitable, after all, and so is home maintenance. See how maintenance pays off by helping prevent equipment failures, increasing energy efficiency, and extending the life of your plumbing and HVAC equipment. Here are five home repairs you shouldn’t put off any longer.
- Money-Saving Tip #2: Maintain your drain. Clogged drains are among the most common reasons plumbers are called to a home. You can avoid the added cost of a house call by following some easy steps for preventing clogs in the first place. Learn more here.
- Money-Saving Tip #3: Save water. Some of the simplest changes in habits can lead to the easiest savings in money, not to mention natural resources. Learn how to pull the plug on water waste.
- Money-Saving Tip #4: Take special care of systems in older homes. An older home may have older equipment that could have been installed using outdated methods. Use these tips to better assess the plumbing and HVAC issues you may have now that can lead to bigger expenses for you later.
- Money-Saving Tip #5: Be prepared. Do you have a plumber or HVAC tech you can call in the case of an emergency? It’s important to have one you know and trust to avoid taking the first person who returns your call. You never know what service you’ll get or what cost you’ll pay. Start here to research your options.