ARS Earns Healthier TN Workplace Designation
This year, ARS was awarded the Healthier Tennessee Workplace designation, granted through the CEO Culture of Health Initiative. This initiative was put in place by the Memphis Business Group on Health (MGBH) to encourage and assist Memphis area employers in creating cultures of health within their organizations.
Here in Memphis, TN, we work to achieve the designation annually by meeting certain criteria for MGBH’s Healthier Tennessee’s Small Starts for Work program in the following categories:
- Offer a wellness program (we offer annual wellness screenings).
- Stock healthy foods in break room (we did a complete vending machine makeover, stocked with more healthy options than before).
- Map out walking route (we have various distances mapped out in the Ridge Lake Loop area for our employees to follow).
- Provide a non-smoking work environment (posted signage reinforcing tobacco-free workplace and have a written policy banning tobacco use at the workplace).
- Provide CPR & First Aid training classes. 40 employees completed CPR training in 2017 at no cost to them. An additional 45 employees across our California branches also completed the training and received their certification.
- Sponsor a team that competes in a local sports competition (every year we participate in the Mid-South YMCA Corporate Games).
- Provide tobacco cessation programs (this is provided through Cigna Behavioral Health at no cost to employees).
- Provide nutrition coaching and/or weight management programs (this is provided through Cigna Behavioral Health, no cost to employees).
- Providing alternative work stations that encourage movement (some employees have standing desks).
- Provide a kitchen at work.
- Promote water and have water available to employees.
- Encourage employees to exercise and eat healthy through communications and programs (numerous communication sent to employees throughout the year promoting healthy lifestyles).
We look forward to striving towards our health goals in 2018!