ARS Sponsors 'A Night to Shine'Since its inception in 2010, our company has donated to the Tim Tebow Foundation (TTF) and supported its wonderful mission of bringing Faith, Hope and Love to those needing a brighter day in their darkest hour of need. In fact, ARS was the original presenting sponsor of the foundation’s marquee fundraising event and has been the largest contributor to the event for all of the first fantastic six years. Today, the foundation’s mission is being fulfilled every day through six main areas of outreach (see next page for more details). Since 2011, our executive team has participated in the TTF Celebrity Gala & Golf Classic in March. Last year alone, this event has raised $1.5 million for TTF’s outreach programs. Now we encourage everyone to get involved!
There is a wonderful event right around the corner called Night to Shine. Night to Shine is an unforgettable prom night experience, centered on God’s love, for people with special needs ages 16 and up. This year, Night to Shine will be hosted in more than 200 host locations simultaneously around the world on February 12, 2016.
Here are 5 WAYS YOU CAN SHINE by supporting this cause.
- Sign the Stand With Us Pledge. Join the worldwide movement to celebrate people with special needs. TTF is aiming for 1,000,000 signatures by the end of the year. Sign up to show your support! You’ll be provided with an e-newsletter of TTF’s outreach programs. This just takes a few seconds!
- Donate money to TTF. 100% of your donation will go directly towards outreach initiatives.
- Donate a Dress Drive. ARS will be hosting a formal clothing drive in April. Your gently-used formal wear will be donated to guests of Night to Shine next year. More info coming soon!
- Volunteer your time at Night to Shine. On Friday, February 12th, over 200 churches are partnering up with TTF and hosting prom nights for people with special needs. There are a variety of ways you can volunteer your time, including participating in the buddy program, the red carpet cheer squad, hair/make-up/shoe-shine stations, set-up, tear-down teams, etc. The goal is to make them feel like celebrities! Watch this inspiring video to get a glimpse into this wonderful night.
- Spread the word on social media. Visit Facebook & Twitter and share our posts about the event. #nighttoshine
For Tim Tebow, Night to Shine represents a plan that he's had since he was young. "When I was 15 years old, I began to realize the importance of fighting for people who can't fight for themselves. As a foundation, we are so passionate about people with special needs, and this event is a great time to tell them how much they are loved by God and by all of us."
Now, we challenge you. How will you support this great cause?
Information about other TTF outreach programs:
Timmy’s Playrooms: Building Timmy’s Playrooms in children’s hospitals around the world that provide an environment where patients can take their minds off of their medical treatments and just be kids again.
Tebow CURE Hospital: Providing physical and spiritual healing to deserving children of the Philippines through life-changing surgeries at the Tebow CURE Hospital.
W15H: Fulfilling the dreams of children with life-threatening illnesses whose wish is to meet Tim Tebow through the W15H program.
Team Tebow: Encouraging service to others through Team Tebow and Team Tebow Kids, the official membership clubs of the Tim Tebow Foundation.
Orphan Care and Adoption Aid: Providing care for more than 2,000 orphans in four countries and Adoption Aid grants to families making the courageous choice to adopt a child with special needs.