INFOGRAPHIC: Don’t Sweat It! Keeping Cool this SpringAfter another harsh winter, we are all ready for a nice change in the weather. Spring has finally arrived and that means warmer temperatures are here to stay. With that in mind, there are some quick and easy ways to make sure you keep cool during the spring and summertime. These 7 tips are the perfect way to save some money while also staying cool and comfortable all season long!
- Air Filters- Check them regularly and replace them at least every three months. Filters can become clogged and dirty resulting in restricted airflow through the unit.
- Thermostats- Install a programmable thermostat so your air conditioning only runs when you need it allowing you to cut down on your home cooling costs.
- Fans- Try using a ceiling fan and be sure to set it to counterclockwise so you feel the cool breeze.
- Open your windows in the mornings and evenings to circulate cool air throughout your home. During the heat of the day, shut the windows and pull down the shades.
- Light Bulbs- Replace old bulbs with new fluorescent ones as they emit less heat than traditional incandescent light bulbs.
- Air Ducts- Have your air ducts inspected and cleaned so your air conditioning system can work more efficiently.
- Trees and Shrubs- Plant some near your air conditioning unit outside to keep it in the shade. But make sure to leave room so the air can circulate freely.