Time for an HVAC Tune-Up!
How often does my HVAC unit need a tune-up?
It’s best to schedule regular tune-ups twice a year, at the beginning of each heating and cooling season. While HVAC maintenance may be scheduled any time, you’ll want to ensure that your system is working efficiently before the weather gets too hot or cold for comfort.
What will be included with my HVAC tune-up?
Check to make sure your certified HVAC technician will perform the following services before scheduling your tune-up:
- Calibrates thermostat(s) and checks proper cycle and temperature
- Inspects and tightens wiring connections, contacts, capacitors and relays
- Inspects the evaporator coil
- Inspects the condensate drain
- Inspects and cleans the condenser
- Inspects the outdoor disconnect
- Tests the condenser fan motor and blades and lubricates if needed
- Checks compressor amps at startup
- Analyzes safety and efficiency performance
You can expect the inspection process to take up to an hour, depending on the configuration of your system. If refrigerant is needed, then you can expect an additional 30-45 minutes.
You can protect your HVAC investment with regular maintenance under ARS®/Rescue Rooter’s® Home Service Plan. Schedule an appointment today by calling 1-800-277-9400.